Saturday, March 7, 2015

“Everything I know, I know because of love.”

I have chosen this particular quote from Leo Tolstoy's as a title because it depicts well the things I appreciate most in life:
  • Love, to give and receive abundantly. 
  • Peace, to be able to live freely and with dignity.
  • Knowledge, the gifts we have are there for us to share with others.

Next, are some of my favorite quotations and related artworks.


"Anticipation" by Freydoun Rassouli 

“Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory.”― Gustave Flaubert




"Surrendering" by Freydoun Rassouli 

"Come out of the circle of time / And into the circle of love." ― Rumi



 Artwork by Massimiliano Gasparini

"You came suddenly and stole three things from me.
The patience from my heart, the color from my face and the sleep from my eyes." ―Rumi



Artwork by David Walker

"I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways." ―Rumi


 

Artwork by Helene Schjerfbeck

"Does he who is always waiting suffer more than he who’s never waited for anyone?” ― Pablo Neruda



Detail of Jupiter and Io by Correggio

“Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart.”  ― Alphonse de Lamartine




  Photography  by Rachel Baran

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."  Plato




  Artwork  by Jylian Gustlin 

"Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces." ― Rumi





"Nocturnal reverie" by Helena Wierzbicki

"I purified my lips with sacred fire that I might speak of love, but when I opened my mouth to speak, I found myself mute." Khalil Gibran

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quotes and pictures. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanne for passing by & commenting!!

      Delete